Event Leadership Executive Certificate
The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality (STHM) Event Leadership Executive Certificate is the only award-winning certificate program designed to increase marketable event planning skills and prepare individuals for future success in the industry.
Gain hands-on experience in the event industry and build your executive portfolio through the program’s innovative curriculum including practical projects and an externship.
Flexibility that Fits Your Life
Learn on your own schedule. With a flexible format, students can complete this program in as little 6 to 8 months or space courses out over two years. Saturday classes held on the Temple University Main Campus make it easy for students to continue their professional development while working.
The program has been crowned as one of the world’s best by the International Festivals and Events Association.
Our award-winning curriculum is developed by industry experts with decades of experience in event management. With next level thinking designed for professionals to hit the ground running, our program gives you practical application through real-world projects, an externship, and innovative coursework. With maximum flexibility in courses, you’ll find easy balance to continue your profession while taking the next step towards this exciting career.
Courses & Requirements
The Event Leadership Executive Certificate coursework includes six courses made up of three required courses and three electives, completion of 50 – 75 hours of an externship, and submission of a professional portfolio consisting of a detailed description of an event from concept through completion.
Application and Registration Information
The Event Leadership Executive Certificate is perfect for professionals already in the events industry or those looking to break into this exciting career.
- Submission of official application form.
- High school graduate.
- Desire to gain experience in event planning, event management or related fields.
- Commitment to further education within the events industry.
The Event Leadership Executive Certificate program is offered through Temple University Continuing Education Systems. Sign up for the registration course to get started today.
Paying for Your Certificate
Two payment options are offered for this certificate program.
- Pay as you go which requires a one time $100 registration fee at the beginning of the program and then you pay $425 for each class that you take. At the end when you submit your executive portfolio project, you will pay a $185 review fee. Total cost equals $2,835.
- Pay in full with 10% discount totaling $2,550– this comes with a free Special Events textbook valued at $89 (can be purchased if you decide not to pay in full).
Complete the form to speak to a member of our Event Leadership Executive Certificate team.