Event Leadership Executive Certificate
The Event Leadership Executive Certificate at Temple University’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) is the only award-winning, comprehensive event planning program designed to increase marketable event planning skills and prepare individuals for future success in the industry.
The program has been crowned as one of the world’s best in nine of the last 11 years. The program has won the Gold Pinnacle Award seven times and has received the Silver Pinnacle Award three times.
Our faculty consists of industry experts with decades of experience in the field, giving our students the opportunity to learn practical applications from the best in the business.
Students receive real-world experience through the externship portion of the program, which is facilitated by the program director. At the end of the program, students complete an executive portfolio, highlighting the skills learned throughout the program.
The Event Leadership Executive Certificate is affiliated with PHLCVB, Visit Philadelphia, The Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association (GPHA), The Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the International Live Events Society (ILES) and The International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA).
This event leadership certificate may be completed in six to eight months, but students have up to two years to complete the program. Many students complete the program in one year.
Each month, students choose which courses to register for, allowing for maximum flexibility, as many of our students have busy schedules and are employed full-time. Classes are held one Saturday per month on the main Temple University campus.
Certificate Completion Requirements
- A total of six courses must be completed within two years of acceptance. Students must take the three required courses and three electives.
- Completion of 50 – 75 hours of externship, as determined by faculty review.
- Submission of professional portfolio consisting of a detailed description of an event from concept through completion.
- Submission of official application form.
- High school graduate.
- Desire to gain experience in event planning, event management or related fields.
- Commitment to further education within the events industry.
To apply for the Event Leadership Executive Certificate program, please go to noncredit.temple.edu and follow the instructions on the left hand side of the page. Individuals will be asked to set up an account which will serve as the application. For assistance with this online registration process, please contact the program coordinator, Christine Khor, at 215-204-5955 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fees
- Six courses at $425 each, totaling $2,550 (textbooks are optional)
- Non-refundable, one-time registration fee: $100
- Portfolio review fee: $185
- Total without discount: $2,835
- 10% discount is available for those who pay in full. Total due (including all fees) is $2,550. Students who pay in full will receive one free textbook ($89 value)
School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management
1810 N. 13th Street, Speakman Hall 320
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Front Desk Number: 215-204-6126
Mr. Ira L. Rosen; MA, CFEE
Director Event Leadership Executive Certificate Program