About the Program
The Graduate Certificate in Event Management provides students with the knowledge and information that facilitates the effective organization and management of events within a wide array of event planning.
Complete in less than a year
The certificate consists of four courses totalling nine credits that address topics including event planning, event logistics, strategic planning and risk management. These four courses can be completed in less than one year.
Apply Credits to Master's Degree
Students who complete the graduate certificate may apply to the Master of Science in Hospitality Management or the Master of Science in Sport Business during or at the completion of the certificate program. The nine credits earned from the certificate program will count towards the respective degree program (where a grade of B or higher in each course is received).
Through the Graduate Certificate in Event Management, students will learn the ins and outs of managing events in a variety of settings. The certificate is made up of nine credits. Individuals that want to take their development beyond the certificate can apply the credits earned from this certificate program towards the Master of Science in Hospitality Management or Master of Science in Sport Business (where a grade of B or better is received).
Application Information and Deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree is required for all graduate certificates.
- Students must also meet at least one of the following:
- 3.00 or greater cumulative GPA for all prior college-level coursework
- 3+ years of professional work experience
Application RequirementsApplicants should submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all institutions at which coursework was attempted and/or completed
- Statement of Interest
- GRE/GMAT (Optional)
International Student Application RequirementsInternational applicants are encouraged to review the Temple University prospective international student application guide and requirements. Please note, if you have not earned a bachelor’s or graduate (master’s or doctoral) degree from a U.S. institution, you must take a test of academic English. The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management requires minimum scores of:
- TOEFL Internet-based: 79 (ideal scores are above 90)
- TOEFL Essentials: 9.0 (ideal scores are above 10)
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 (ideal scores are above 7.0)
- Duolingo English Test: 110 (ideal scores are above 120)
- June 30 – Final Application Deadline
- November 1 – Final Application Deadline