Minor in Sport Management
The Minor in Sport Management allows you to enhance your degree with exposure to courses that will prepare you for the fast-paced work of sport, recreation, and leisure management. The program integrates foundational business principles with innovated concepts related directly to the sport industry.
Required Courses (9 credits):
Students must take these 3 courses in consultation with an STHM advisor.
- THM 3221 | Athletics Administration
- THM 3222 | Professional & International Sport
- THM 3225 | Recreation & Leisure Service Management
Elective Courses (9 credits):
Students can choose any 3 courses from the following list, in consultation with an STHM advisor.
- THM 857 | Sport and Leisure in American Society*
*Sections of this course offered by other Temple departments may be substituted.
- THM 1211 | Sport and Society
- THM 3214 | Marketing Management in Sport and Recreation
- THM 3215 | Stadium/Arena Design & Management
- THM 3224 | Media and Communications in Sport and Recreation
- THM 3226 | Consumer Behavior in Sport and Recreation
- THM 3228 | Sales Management in Sport & Recreation
- THM 3412 | Foundations of Event Leadership