Certificate in Tourism & Hospitality Management
The Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management will allow students across Temple University to enhance their major degrees with exposure to a program that prepares students for success in the hospitality industry as well as the realm of tourism. The Tourism and Hospitality Management Certificate integrates foundational business principles, tourism and destination specific knowledge as well as innovative concepts relevant to success within hospitality operations, food and beverage, gaming and event leadership.
The Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality Management is open to non-Tourism and Hospitality Management students only. The certificate consists of four courses (12 credits); one required course with three additional courses to be selected from the list of electives.
Required Course (2 credits)
Students should select courses in consultation with an STHM advisor.
- STHM 2311 | Global Issues in Tourism and Hospitality Management
Elective Courses (9 credits)
Students can choose any 3 courses from the following list, in consultation with an STHM advisor.
- STHM 3321 | Tourism Planning and Development (if not taken as required course)
- STHM 3322 | Destination Management Organizations
- STHM 3324 | Hospitality Operations (if not taken as required course)
- STHM 3325 | Food and Beverage Management
- STHM 3328 | Gaming and Casino Management
- STHM 3412 | Foundations of Event Leadership