There are two types of application deadlines for these programs:
- Early Decision Deadline: Having a complete application on file by the Early Decision Deadline ensures a student is automatically considered for merit-scholarships and for assistantships/externships.
- Rolling Decision Deadline: Having a complete application on file by the Rolling Decision Deadline allows a student to be considered for admission only. Consideration for scholarships and assistantships is not guaranteed as many of these will have been awarded to Early Decision Deadline students.
Fall Admission Deadlines: Early Decision Deadline: March 1, Rolling Decision Deadline: April 15, Final Deadline: June 30
Want to know if your profile meets our criteria?
Students interested in having their academic credentials assessed prior to applying should consider completing and submitting a PRE-APPLICATION. Pre-Applications allow you to send the program information regarding your GPA, test scores and work experience and have that information evaluated by an admissions representative. An admissions representative will contact you within 48 hours with feedback on your academic profile.
What’s It Going to Take to be Considered?
School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management takes a holistic approach to every application. That means that every facet of a student’s profile is considered when reviewing an application for admission. STHM does this to ensure that every student that is admitted to the program can meet the expectations of these rigorous graduate programs.
Once a student applies, he/she must submit the following 5 items:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- GRE or GMAT scores
- 2 letters of reference (at least one of these references should come from an academic source, i.e., advisor, faculty, etc.).
- 500-word Statement of Goals
- Current Resume
To be considered for STHM’s Graduate Programs, a student must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0.
- A minimum score at or above the 50th percentile on the GRE or GMAT.
The minimum requirements outlined above will serve as the basis for evaluation. Decisions are made after all application materials are received.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Sport Business Admitted Student Profile
- Average Cumulative GPA: 3.35
- Average GRE, GMAT Percentile: 60th Percentile
- Average Professional Work Experience: 2 years
Master of Tourism & Hospitality Management (MTHM) Admitted Student Profile
- Average Cumulative GPA: 3.40
- Average GRE, GMAT Percentile: 65th Percentile
- Average Professional Work Experience 18 months
Ready to Apply?
Submit your application online today!