Top 5 Reasons to Choose Philly for Graduate School
5. Philly is America’s 5th Largest City – pick your choice of things to do…and all of it is 10 minutes away from campus. Choose from theaters, museums, fine restaurants, sporting events, historical sites and an exciting nightlife.
4. Philly is a College Town - did you know that there are nearly 25 colleges and universities in the Philadelphia region? There are over 100,000 college students in the Philadelphia and that means you can find student-discounts and college-nights almost everywhere. From College Night at the Phillies ballpark to College Day in the Parkway - an event with free concerts in the famous art museum – the social life is thriving.
3. Philly is Easy to Get Around – worried about taking your car away to college? Well, at Temple University, we promise you’ll never need one. All public transportation in the city stops at Temple University. From the subway system, to bus routes, to the regional rail system ,you can get anywhere in the area – downtown, Manayunk, University City, the Sports Arenas, the Amtrak Station, even the airport.
2. Philly is the World’s “Next Great City” – National Geographic called Philadelphia the world’s “Next Great City.” The magazine cited Philly’s culture, nightlife, openness and diversity as reasons Philadelphia is one of the United States’ best places to live. For more, visit http://www.nationalgeographic.com/traveler/features/philly0510/philly.html
1. Philly is a center for Tourism, Hospitality, Sport and Recreation – Philadelphia is home to some of the country’s most popular tourist attractions, finest hotels and world-famous restaurants. Philly is also a center for sports; there are 14 professional sports teams in Philadelphia. You’ll be able to use the city as both a playground and a laboratory to grow your career.