Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to complete this program?
(1) Submission of official application form; (2) High school graduate; (3) Desire to gain experience in event planning, event management or related fields; and (4) Commitment to further education within the events industry.
- What are the components of the program?
Six classes (3 core, 3 electives); a minimum of 50 externship hours and an executive portfolio.
- How long do I have to complete the program?
Students have up to two (2) years to complete the program. Many of the students complete the program in one year.
- Is scholarship or tuition assistance available for this program?
Unfortunately, no scholarships are available for this program. Temple employees are granted 15% discount for the program.
- Can I complete the classes online?
No, all classes must be taken in-person.
- Where are the classes held?
The classes are held at Temple University Main Campus.
- How often are the classes offered?
Classes are offered at least once a month. The core classes are offered 3 times a year, and the elective classes are offered twice a year.
- Are books required for this program?
No books are required for the program. The instructors will provide all the necessary materials for the class.
- Students are required to complete a minimum of 50 externship hours. How do I go about looking for these externships?
We will send any externship opportunities to the students. Our students have also been successful in seeking their own externships. Past externships have included but not limited to Made in America, Philadelphia Salsa Fest, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Wawa Welcome America.
- Can international students enroll for the Event Leadership Executive Certificate Program?
Yes, any international students with a valid visa in the United States are eligible to apply for the program. However, we do not provide the visas.
- Does this program offer any job placement for graduates?
No, the students are responsible for securing their own employment upon completing of the program. However, we do provide the resources to assist the students.