Opportunities for Vets
The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management welcomes student veterans as vital members of the campus community. Veterans bring a wealth of life experience into the classroom and enrich the educational environment with their dedication, commitment, and strength of character. STHM is a proud supporter of the Yellow Ribbon GI Program, which provides financial support to veterans looking to further their educational and professional goals.
Yellow Ribbon GI Bill Program
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows degree granting institutions of higher learning in the U.S. to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses for eligible veterans. Details and eligibility guidelines for Post 9/11 benefits, including the Yellow Ribbon Program, can be found at www.gibill.va.gov under Education Benefits.
How the Yellow Ribbon Program Works in STHM at Temple University
- STHM has committed funds to the Yellow Ribbon Program
- The VA will match STHM’s commitment. The combined school award and VA match may not exceed the difference between the recipient’s actual tuition charges and the recipient’s basic Post-9/11 tuition benefit
- Federal law states that Yellow Ribbon awards must be made on a first-come, first-serve basis
- STHM has 4 Yellow Ribbon Awards to provide to eligible veterans admitted to its Graduate Programs.
- Each award totals $2,800 per academic year.
Submit Certificate of Eligibility to:
Temple University – STHM
ATTN: Michael Usino
1810 N. 13th Street
Speakman Hall 111
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Visit Opportunities for Veterans
Veterans are invited to visit the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management to explore the many opportunities that the program can provide you. Click here to schedule a visit: Visit Campus!