Outstanding PhD Award
- To recognize outstanding PhD students within STHM for their achievements.
- To increase the profile of PhD education within STHM.
- To help promote excellence in graduate research, teaching and service.
- Students must be nominated in writing by a STHM graduate faculty member.
- Nominees must be in good academic standing (have a minimum GPA of 3.25) with expected graduation in the current academic year or have graduated within the previous 12 months.
- Applications will be submitted to the STHM PhD committee.
- The student is nominated in writing by a STHM graduate faculty member using the nomination form and including a letter supporting the nomination. Download the nomination form here.
- Attach a copy of the student's curriculum vitae (3 pages max).
- Send the nomination form, letter, and attached CV to the attention of STHM PhD Director.
- Nominations are due by March 31st of each year.
EVALUATION OF NOMINEES
- Nominations will be reviewed by committee made up of STHM graduate faculty members. Voting will be used if consensus is not achieved.
- The committee has the right to decline choosing an award recipient for any given year depending upon the quality of the nomination pool.
- Award recipients will be notified through a letter from the STHM Chair. Notification will occur by mid April. An award ceremony will be held later in April to recognize award recipients.